I do have work in progress. I feel like I have a lot. Today, I edited seven short stories down to some reasonable length. They are about:
- a couple that has lost three babies
- the corpse flower that blooms every twelve years
- a poor kid who decides to stream the revolution
- a brand new creation myth
- a guy who gradually ceases to exist
- an unrequited love amongst the bees
- a hero who never died even though we think he did
I’m good with these stories. They’re tight, they’re strange, they have something to say. I’ll be done with them next week. Then I’m going to keep querying for Girl Island. I think I’ll publish my draft query letter here and see what people think.
There was one other story, actually. But it’s crashed and burned a bit. Figure I know how to fix it. Figure I don’t have time right now.
For now, I have to get off the computer. My eyeballs are frying in place! Good weekend to you all.
Hey, look at me with my short posts! Don’t get used to it…