Go here to see my 2020 writing year in review. It’s been a great year!
2021 is a special year for me. This year, I will actively pursue publishing through the traditional publishing route. I have a book called ‘Girl Island’ that is about social justice and what it’s like to start again – told through a young female protagonist who starts a whole new country. I will find someone to believe in me, this year. I will, in turn, believe in them and never let them down. That’s my promise. My contract.
In 2021, I will write more short fiction that breaks genres and boundaries, and is fearless. I am fearless in my writing. Less so in my real life, but in my writing, nothing stops me.
In 2021, I’ll do everything I can to be supportive and to help people. In my work life, I try to make the world better. Join me.
On this blog, you’ll find the following:
- Short stories. Some are short. This represents a small portion of the fiction I write. Many of my stories are reserved for submissions.
- Longer short stories. Much longer than you’d normally see in blogland. I like to mix it up. But just keep in mind that every long story comes from a short one.
- My tag-line is Dream Hard, Rage Hard. That’s a phrase that’s long been with me. What does it mean? It means that you have to be angry if you’re going to change the world. You have to have that kind of burning passion.
- I call my blog “Fiction, and Other Made-Up Stories”. It’s all fiction, which is a bit unusual for blog-world, but there you are. This definitely isn’t a diary or a journal. I’m a storyteller. Stories are seldom about me.
- I strive to be unique. I don’t want to sound like other people. I want to cut new ground. But just as much, I want to reach people. I want to be read. I strive to write fiction that is commercial, albeit with a literary tinge.
- I’m good. It took a long time to admit that, but it’s true. I stick by that. You can disagree with me, but read some of the fiction on this blog first and let me know what you think. I will listen to you.
In the other part of my life, I’m a scientist. Scientists don’t write fiction, right? Sure they do! Sure they do. I’m a person of colour. That matters, right? Sure it does! It does.
Thank you for stumbling by. I have a lot of great friends in this fantastic community of writers – hope you’re one too. If you would like to get a hold of me about my writing published on WordPress or elsewhere, please contact me at email@example.com.